Grammar of action, neuroscience, misc.
- Tronick, E. & Greenfield, P.M. (1973). Infant curriculum; the Bromley-Heath guide to the care of infants in groups. New York: Media Projects.
- Bruner, J., Oliver, R.R., Greenfield, P.M. & [others] (1966). Studies in cognitive growth; a collaboration at the Center for Cognitive Studies. New York: Wiley.
Articles in Journals and other periodicals
- Molnar-Szakacs, I., Kaplan, J.T., Greenfield, P.M., & Iacoboni, M. (2006). Observing action sequences: The role of the fronto-parietal mirror neuron system. NeuroImage, 15, 923-935.
- Greenfield, P. M. (2003). Continuing commentary: Author’s response. Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
- Greenfield, P. M. (2000). What psychology can do for anthropology, or why anthropology took postmodernism on the chin. American Anthropologist, 102, 564-576.
- Greenfield, P. M. & Juvonen, J. (1999). A developmental look at Columbine. APA Monitor, July/August.
Greenfield, P. M. (1996). Perspective on child development: A six-year-old knows better, doesn’t he? Los Angeles Times, May 5, p. M5. (syndicated in the United States and Canada).
Greenfield, P. M. (1996). Feminism and individualism. Los Angeles Times, summer. (syndicated in the United States and Canada.) Reprinted as “What went so wrong with feminism?”, UCLA Today, August 30, 1996, p. 7.
Guberman, S.R., & Greenfield, P.M. (1991) Learning and transfer in everyday cognition. Cognitive Development, 6, 244-260.
Greenfield, P. M. (1991). From hand to mouth: Author’s response to commentary. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 14, 577-595.
- Greenfield, P. M. (1991). Language, tools and brain: The ontogeny and phylogeny of hierarchically organized sequential behavior. Behavioral and Brain Sciences 14, 531-595.
Greenfield, P. M. (1990). Introduction. Special topic: Jerome Bruner – Construction of a scientist. Human Development, 33, 325-326.
Greenfield, P. M. (1990). Jerome Bruner: The Harvard Years. Human Development, 33, 327-333.
- Greenfield, P. M. (1984). The CIA inside the mind. Part 1: Psychology News, no. 35., pp. 8-11. Part 2: Psychology News, no. 36, pp. 7, 10-12, 19.
- Reifel, S. & Greenfield, P. M. (1983). Part-whole relations: Some structural features of children’s representational block play. Child Care Quarterly, 12, 144-151.
- Beagles-Roos, J. & Greenfield, P. M. (1979). Development of structure and strategy in two dimensional pictures. Developmental Psychology, 15, 483-494.
Greenfield, P. M. (1977, December). CIA’s behavior caper. APA Monitor, 8(2), 1, 10-11.
Greenfield, P. M. & Schneider, L. (1977). Building a tree structure: The development of hierarchical complexity and interrupted strategies in children’s construction activity. Developmental Psychology, 3, 299-313.
- Goodson, B. D. & Greenfield, P. M. (1975). The search for structural principles in children’s manipulative play. Child Development, 46, 734-746.
- Greenfield, P. M., Nelson, K., & Saltzman, E. (1972). The development of rulebound strategies for manipulating seriated cups: A parallel between action and grammar. Cognitive Psychology, 3, 291-310.
- Italian translation: M. S. Barbieri (Ed.), Gli inizi del lingaggio. Florence: La Nuova Italia Editrice, 1977. Pp. 65-87.
- Greenfield, P. M. (1972). Playing peek-a-boo with a four-month-old: A study of the role of speech and nonspeech sounds in the development of a visual schema. Journal of Psychology, 82, 287-298.
- Reprinted in H. C. Lindgren (Ed.), Child Behavior: An introduction to research studies (pp. 54-66). Palo Alto, CA: Mayfield Publishing, 1975.
- Rosenthal, R., Kohn, P., Greenfield, P. M., & Corota, N. (1966). Data desirability, experimenter expectancy, and the results of psychological research. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 3, 20-27.
- Rosenthal, R., Kohn, P., Greenfield, P. M., & Corota, N. (1965). Psychology of the scientist: XIV, Experimenters’ hypothesis – confirmation and mood as determinants of experimental results. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 20, 1237-1252.
- Freedman, S. J. & Marks, P. A. (1965). Visual imagery produced by rhythmic photic stimulation: Personality correlates and phenomenology. British Journal of Psychology, 56, 95-112.
Lutkehaus, N. & Greenfield, P. (2003). From The process of education to The culture of education: an intellectual biography of Jerome Bruner’s contributions to education. In B. J. Zimmerman & D.H. Schunk (Eds.). Educational psychology: A century of contributions. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Reifel, S. & Greenfield, P. M. (1981). Structural development in a symbolic medium: The representational use of block constructions. In G. Forman (Ed.), Action and thought: From sensorimotor schemes to symbolic operations (pp. 203-233). New York: Academic Press.
- Greenfield, P. M. (1971). Goal as environmental variable in the development of intelligence. In R. Cancro (Ed.), Intelligence: Genetic and environmental influences (pp. 252-261). New York: Grune & Stratton.